Friday, May 15, 2020

Rainbow Cards

EASY CARD IDEAS USING MINIMAL SUPPLIES

Today I am sharing some fun and cheery Rainbow cards. These cards were so much fun to make.  I was inspired by several places these week. the first one is The My Favorite Things Challenge Blog. The second  is it's me, JD This is her blog link. You will see all the great cards she made using scraps/strips of paper.

For this first card I followed the challenge sketch over on the My Favorite Things Blog, challenge #488. I used a stamp set by doodlebug designs.  The magical sentiment is from that same set . I used black pigment ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  The enamel dots are from my stash. The paper strips at the bottom are cut and .25 of an inch.




This card was fun to make but took some planning. I drew in pencil lines and made 4 equal boxes on my white card stock to begin with, I then picked out my pattern that I wanted and tried to follow that on the whole card front. In the center of the card you can see that I used the pink strip every time I started a new box.

 I think for next time I will make a file on my Cricut to cut the strips because some of mine didn't come the same size. If you try this card you need to make sure your first strip in each section is really straight. A couple of mine are not and the edges have some sliver pieces and I'm ok with that. I used a rectangle die from Pink Fresh Studio along with a circle die from C.C. Designs as well as an alphabet set from Hello Blue Bird for the letters in the center. Both of these cards are a standard A2 size 4.25 x 5.50 top folding card. The black card stock is #110 weight which makes for a nice sturdy card base.





BIG CRAFTY HUGS, LISA

No comments:

Post a Comment