Saturday, March 28, 2020

Party Like a Flock Star




Good Morning,

 Today I am here with another fun challenge for The Color Throwdown blog. Color throwdown #586.
 The challenge is to use Pink, Purple, and White with neutral colors as needed. Please head on over and check out all the awesome entries.



 This is the card I made for this challenge. I went with  a fun and bright flamingo theme. I used several stamp sets that are in my stash that had not been used or not used in a long time.

Painted Stripes By: Essentials by Ellen

Fa la la la Mingo By: Maymay Made It
Flamingo Together By: Lawn Fawn 

  

The flamingo on the left, palm tree, foliage at the top, and sentiment come from Fa la la la Mingo stamp set. The flamingo on the right  comes from Flamingo Together and  you guessed it the stripes come from Painted Stripes stamp set.

Here in this picture below you can see how I used my stamp platform to line up my stripe stamp . It's not perfectly even, and I'm ok with that; because I used oxide ink I had to stamp each stripe several times. This is where a stamp platform really comes in handy. I would not want to try this with just a clear block.

  

 My flamingos were stamped and heat embossed then cut out with the Brother N Scan  Dx225. I love this machine but that is for an other blog post. I also heat embossed the sentiment and used foam tape behind the frame. As a finishing touch I used small black gems and sparkly clear sequins. Once you do the stripes this card goes together fairly quickly.!

No comments:

Post a Comment